+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  News and Info
| |-+  News
| | |-+  OMG Stats Page
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: OMG Stats Page  (Read 284 times)
Hellblazer
Advisor

XBox Live Account: Aestuo
Steam Name: hellblazer970

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »

Ever wanted to see what statistics are available to the dev team when it comes to balance and user usage? Now you can! A few years ago, I developed a website that scrapes the OMG database for game, faction, and unit statistics. It is not private information, but not many know about it, and now you do.

http://www.hellblazer.cc/omgstats/

The Battles page shows a graphical representation of the current war - winrates and momentum.

The Factions page breaks this down into number of registered players in each faction and the winrate of each respective faction. The Units page allows you to see a single unit's usage over time, or multiple.

Each page has graphical and tabular data to view.

Two additional functions are also available, the first being a DPS Calculator. Simply give the URL to a weapon table from the OMG wiki and it will compute the Rifle and Automatic DPS. The second is a Replay Analyzer, though use this one with a grain of salt. It shows the players, but there are still some bugs.

Just remember - stats are awesome. But you need to undertand the circumstances which generated to make sense of them.

SilentAlfa

XBox Live Account: SmallArtifact
Steam Name: OctaMurk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:19:57 pm »

Commandos are OP nerf immediately!!!!

Where are all these Infantry coming from!!!!!!

Allies are unstoppable Devs this is completely unacceptable!!!!!!!!
sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:26 am »

Hey Hellblazer, thanks for posting this. Known about it and used it before for a long time.

Something I've always wondered, are the doctrinal tallies cumulative over the referenced period? If someone migrates, are their stats gone to. Just out of interest to know.
UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 01:07:30 am »

Win Rate Chart is taken from stats at the time.
Doctrine overview is only current companies, you migrate, it's gone. Last I knew.

I hereby officially state I have absolutely no beef with Dr.Nick!
Quote from: userstupidname
I have never done any retarded quotes?
Quote from: Saavedra
 101 did not answer just with opinions. He answered with facts and math, [...] I donīt know what else you expect him to do. 
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:36:52 am »

Donīt worry. Iīm sure they wonīt see anything strange in Infantry and Airborne being consistently the most played doctrines. Iīm sure that the possibility that wear and tear affecting these doctrines the least explains their popularity wonīt even cross their minds. The obscene win rate of the Infantry doctrine and the fact that on average, all Axis doctrines lose more than they win will absolutely not be taken seriously in terms of balance.

Nevermind the fact that the war momentum is consistently higher for the Allies and against the Axis. Remember all the whining back when we had defense timers and Axis could build defenses, because the Allies had to attack constantly and still kept winning? Well, at least we got rid of one of these two problems.

Iīm sure there is other stuff not to see among the other stats, like the usage rates of units like the PIV IST...

Dr.Nick
AFK Subway Dev
Development

Steam Name: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drnickpg/

Blam, Sausage meat! It was everywhere.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:05 am »

Donīt worry. Iīm sure they wonīt see anything strange in Infantry and Airborne being consistently the most played doctrines

? Airborne has the last number of played games at the moment. Did you look at the stats fully? Armor and Infantry have the most players for the Allied factions atm.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:11:41 am by Dr.Nick » Logged

Then again there is that truck from Stuart, that might presumably NOT have food in it, although I doubt it."
-Lisek

An Airborne Conversation

Sir we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction we want!

..maybe some day they'll see..
A hero is just a man who knows he's free
Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Development

Steam Name: w952

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »

petulant whining

We are well aware that Infantry is OP and that some other doctrines are under-performing.  A large doctrine patch is being built as we speak which will address a number of these issues. PE, among others, will be getting some new stuff as well. So un-twist your knickers and chill out.

sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 11:02:00 pm »

? Airborne has the last number of played games at the moment.

Was quite surprised at that, infantry has always been popular (ranger + arty is a decent combo), but airborne I think has and always will remain the strongest choice, but few people play em.

I guess the Jumbo + 105 Sherman + easy 8 really have made a difference. But seriously though the support tank assault squads are a bit of joke - never seen em being used well.
Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Development

Steam Name: w952

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 11:30:55 pm »

Airborne was the most powerful pre-doctrines, but Infantry doctrine is now unequivocally head and shoulders above the other 2. RR's have been kinda priced out of the market by quad zooks. All to be addressed in the next patch.

holoween
Development

Steam Name: holoween

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 11:39:16 pm »

also there arent that many tanks around on the axis side which is what airborne excell at
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »

also there arent that many tanks around on the axis side which is what airborne excell at

Ironic, considering tanks were supposed to be the Wehrmachtīs strong point, while infantry was supposed to be the Alliesī. But along came EEs, and American triages are the best healing building, so Allies get the best of both worlds and Wehr get laughed at their face. Nevermind PE.

sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 11:59:58 pm »

so Allies get the best of both worlds and Wehr get laughed at their face. Nevermind PE.

Don't forget KCH, even with the nerf, remains an excellent platform especially for terror.
Dr.Nick
AFK Subway Dev
Development

Steam Name: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drnickpg/

Blam, Sausage meat! It was everywhere.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 12:34:57 am »

? Airborne has the last number of played games at the moment.

Was quite surprised at that, infantry has always been popular (ranger + arty is a decent combo), but airborne I think has and always will remain the strongest choice, but few people play em.

I guess the Jumbo + 105 Sherman + easy 8 really have made a difference. But seriously though the support tank assault squads are a bit of joke - never seen em being used well.

Infantry and Armor have always been more well rounded overall because they have actual artillery. Airborne has to work around their lack of heavy indirect fire.

Then again there is that truck from Stuart, that might presumably NOT have food in it, although I doubt it."
-Lisek

An Airborne Conversation

Sir we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction we want!

..maybe some day they'll see..
A hero is just a man who knows he's free
sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 06:10:06 am »

Not sure about it being more well rounded.

I mean airbourne has got satchels plus strafing run (not that ive ever actually used it) - I'd consider airbourne to be a more micro intensive style of game, but for me much more rewarding.
Hellblazer
Advisor

XBox Live Account: Aestuo
Steam Name: hellblazer970

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 02:35:19 am »

Hey Hellblazer, thanks for posting this. Known about it and used it before for a long time.

Something I've always wondered, are the doctrinal tallies cumulative over the referenced period? If someone migrates, are their stats gone to. Just out of interest to know.

Correct, its cumulative. So when someone deletes their company or migrates it, those stats are gone along with all of the units associated with that company

Pages: [1] 2 Print