|| Nebelwerfer Veterancy
|| 10% reduction to scatter angle.
|| Level 1
| 15% reduction to cooldown.
|| Level 2
| 20% reduction to reload.
|| Level 3
| Known Unit (Custom Name)
|| Level 4
| Feared Unit (Custom Skin)
|| Level 5
| Nebelwerfer Visual Identification
The Nebelwerfer (German for "smoke launcher") was a World War II German towed rocket artillery launcher, developed in the 1930s and used against ground targets. The loud screeching noise of the incoming rockets led American soldiers in the Sicily campaign to nickname the gun the "Screaming Meemie", and "Moaning Minnie", similar to the Panzerwerfer.
The 15cm NbW41 "Nebelwerfer" (Smoke Launcher) was a six-tube rocket launcher. With the rising expense of conventional field artillery pieces, the Nebelwerfer was a welcome addition as it cost a fraction of regular artillery. Though originally designated a smoke launcher, as it was to be used by the chemical weapons units that also falsely labeled their weapons as "smoke", it mostly fired high explosive rockets. Nebelwerfer rockets quickly saturated a large area with deadly shrapnel, though were very inaccurate compared to conventional guns. Batteries were towed by half-tracks, and quickly packed up after firing, as the long smoke trails gave away their position to enemy artillery.
Tactics & Tips
- A nice strategy, and a luxury, is to have two Nebelwerfers firing constantly at the enemyÂ´s defenses.
- They also work VERY well with Stukas - Nebels suppres, stukas damage.
- Nebelwerfers excel at destroying British trenches.
- Exploit the damage over time ability on the Nebelwerfer against the more static enemy units such as AT guns and HMGs. It is a great blob controller, especially if you manage to make them start running back and hit their fall-back position.
- It can suppress most infantry with just one nearby hit(not even a direct one), and pin them really fast. The burn takes care of the rest, but running in an MP40 wielding volksgrenadiers is never a bad idea.
- Barraging infantry suppressed by an MG42 will usually result in the enemy running away before the barrage even lands.
- Even though it has a large scatter at long range, it's VERY low within the "yellow circle" range(the one you see on the minimap). It is best advised targeting highly defensible buildings at such a range - such as churches and chateau's, as all the shells will hit the target.
- Nebelwerfers occasionally do critical damage on buildings and instantly destroying an entire enemy squads garrisoned withing, even without a direct hit.