+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The death of OMG v. 135
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The death of OMG v. 135  (Read 484 times)
Wiking

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:49:27 am »

So here we are with another awkward death of the mod, with no real dialogue as to what the intentions of the "dev team" really are, so let's start a discussion maybe?

I've heard rumors of an update for quite some time now, probably started with possibly being the end of January, obviously that was wishful thinking but it was ambitious so thanks for at least trying.

What's up dev team? Do you have a plan at this point, an update perhaps? Do you need help from the community? I don't currently have much time but i would like to see the long awaited update come to fruition sometime in 2017(hopefully).

In case it is nowhere near actually happening, can I suggest a war reset? It's been far too long since the last one and it would encourage players to try new companies or builds or possibly even to play again.

Anyways, what's going on, what's new? How's the kids?
The trap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 01:12:47 pm »

In case it is nowhere near actually happening, can I suggest a war reset? It's been far too long since the last one and it would encourage players to try new companies or builds or possibly even to play again.

*Leans into the microphone* False.

I convinced Snarks i was a moderator once, Managed to ban robieman for five minutes.
Join the AFA initiative (Ashfall for allies) Today!
Good goy trapmaker.
Resident alt right representative.
Member of the triple K mafia
UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:17:18 pm »

Ah, I should have made a new post instead of an edit when that question first popped up.
The short of it: We are kinda busy with university or work the last week, the patch could be done any day, yet currently isn't being finished.

The long version: 2 Weekends ago we were to finalize matters in a meeting but the website/server died on us or something, so nothing happened. I suppose a War Reset could be done relatively quickly.
The patch, when it happens, will have some minor changes to doctrines, specifically Infantry (bye Quad Zooks), in preparation for more wide reaching changes as soon as we are done with evaluating every doctrine.

I suppose a reset isn't actually too much to ask.

I hereby officially state I have absolutely no beef with Dr.Nick!
Quote from: userstupidname
I have never done any retarded quotes?
Quote from: Saavedra
 101 did not answer just with opinions. He answered with facts and math, [...] I donīt know what else you expect him to do. 
The trap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:53:48 pm »

Actually a patch isnt too much to ask either, Considering for the last year different people in the dev team have been dangling one infront of us every time the mod uptics saying its just around the corner.

I convinced Snarks i was a moderator once, Managed to ban robieman for five minutes.
Join the AFA initiative (Ashfall for allies) Today!
Good goy trapmaker.
Resident alt right representative.
Member of the triple K mafia
sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 11:45:06 pm »

Be nice if we just had two more official posts on the mod:

1) We are out of BETA, mod is done!

2) We are closing down, Hasta la Vista, Despedida, Adios, Te veo despues, aloha, arrivederci, auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, bon voyage, sayonara, shalom, totsiens, vale, einen Schwanz lutschen, zāijiān, Sui unukar an ro, Jakshï bolzïn, Ánágodziih doleel, Pushun b'shena, Gero art, Paaram, Weele axulinde
UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:00:56 am »

To give you a little update for now:

• Patch will happen, definitely not this week, though
  • Semester Vacations etc slow us down, ironically
  • Goodbye, Quad Zooks. You will not be missed
  • Minor Changes to doctrines, mostly Infantry
  • Expect a bigger patch before next christmas (trying to be realistic here).

101 did not answer just with opinions. He answered with facts and math, [...] I donīt know what else you expect him to do. 
userstupidname
epic lolcat

We will prosper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:27 am »

Ohhh, exciting!

what is Marcus Vision?

We don't appear to have any donations recorded for userstupidname.
Draken   July 1, 2011   Everything   Permanently banned
UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »

Well, we're being slow. ^^ I check here once a week, but I can only get my own stuff done when I'm back at home next semester, and others probably have similar motivations and hindrances.
Pains me to see it go down the drain every year at the same time, yet I'm not here, either. Not that I could.

Wiking

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 09:36:17 am »

Good on ya Unlimited, you seem to be the only one who cares enough to post here anyways.
Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Development

Steam Name: w952

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 05:26:13 pm »

For the last few weeks I've been away from my main PC or was too busy in the run up to my dissertation submission to do much playing or development. We do have a changelog of patch notes that we would like to implement and I intend to see it through, however please bear with us as we don't have the coding manpower that we used to. The server bills are still being paid and when the patch is eventually released we'll get the word out far and wide.

UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 02:58:04 pm »

Aye, that's something to keep in mind: If we'd close shop, no point in keeping the server up.
I'm in no position to make a realistic estimate given I work on something else, but I assume 1 or 2 weeks past eastern is a good estimate for when a patch is possible.
I'll try to dig up what will actually happen before that, doubt someone'll beat me to it.

wesxp44

XBox Live Account: wes xp44
Steam Name: wesxp44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 08:01:19 am »

I agree with the server going down, idk technical things, but if possible... We could open up a discord or something for free that will limit the expenses while the majority of the community is not available for games.  If im totally wrong with everything above, ignore this reply ^^^^
Tachibana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 07:49:16 pm »

Discords a great idea. EIR has had one up for a few months, keeps things interesting without having to be on forums/TS 24/7
UnLimiTeD
Rules & Regulations
Global Moderator

Last of his kind

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »

Well, a discord might not be a bad idea.
It could theoretically even replace the TS, given discord's got some very serviceable voice chat.
Though that's a also a decision to be made, and we're in no shape to make decisions in april.

sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 04:50:57 am »

Or we could all just use steam VOIP, I mean at this point most people in the mod know each other.
Pages: [1] 2 Print