+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  News and Info
| |-+  News
| | |-+  Community Meeting Saturday January 28th for PE at 9pm GMT
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Community Meeting Saturday January 28th for PE at 9pm GMT  (Read 1148 times)
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »

kd alone is a completely irrelevant factor. it depends too much on company setup. for example if you have 5mp rbs and spam volks you will have a terrible kdr against someone who spams tanks.

Good thing I am not using KD alone, then.

I donīt think you read my post so I will repeat this and add extra stuff. We killed about double our own number in troops, we still lost due to territory loss, and at that time our opponents still had these units under their control (not retreating) on the field: 9 riflemen, 2 mortars, 2 HMGs and 2 Howitzers. Perhaps they still had more callins.

It is blatantly obvious that Americans are getting way too many Walking Wounded squads, that their riflemen are too cheap and pop-efficient since they can afford to send them off to back-cap constantly (nevermind constand recrews), and that their other units, such as snipers and Rangers, are way too effective for their cost.

So Infantry/Americans need a nerf, and the defence/attack mechanics may need to come back. The latter may be necessary not just to address the blatant imbalance between Allies and Axis, but so that some doctrines can be played the way they are meant to be played.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:03:05 pm by Saavedra » Logged

holoween
Development

Steam Name: holoween

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 03:41:10 pm »

well if you run 5 non mp rbs and they each run 5 mp rbs you have significantly less troops to play with.
also the fact that infantry doctrine is currently op doesnt need to be argued so i fail to see your points.
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »

well if you run 5 non mp rbs and they each run 5 mp rbs you have significantly less troops to play with.

But we are all using 5 rbs so the game still should be balanced.

Of course, I forgot to mention that all the players on the other side were playing Infantry...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:19:05 pm by Saavedra » Logged

RazorSixActual
Development

Steam Name: elenar02

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »

Replay?
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:03 pm »

http://www.filedropper.com/temp_11

ID: 1344

Dr.Nick
AFK Subway Dev
Development

Steam Name: http://steamcommunity.com/id/drnickpg/

Blam, Sausage meat! It was everywhere.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2017, 09:28:40 am »

I watched your replay Saav. It was a pretty simple case of a 3v2 most of the game. You didn't pressure your side enough or help your team mates enough so they had to take the brunt of the fighting for most of the game. The allies just used better combined arms than the Axis did. There was also some losses of key units like officers that could have been avoided with better micro.

Then again there is that truck from Stuart, that might presumably NOT have food in it, although I doubt it."
-Lisek

An Airborne Conversation

Sir we're surrounded!
Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction we want!

..maybe some day they'll see..
A hero is just a man who knows he's free
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2017, 11:39:33 am »

I watched your replay Saav. It was a pretty simple case of a 3v2 most of the game. You didn't pressure your side enough or help your team mates enough so they had to take the brunt of the fighting for most of the game. The allies just used better combined arms than the Axis did. There was also some losses of key units like officers that could have been avoided with better micro.

While you are probably right...

It is blatantly obvious that Americans are getting way too many Walking Wounded squads, that their riflemen are too cheap and pop-efficient since they can afford to send them off to back-cap constantly (nevermind constant recrews), and that their other units, such as snipers and Rangers, are way too effective for their cost.

Purlictor

Steam Name: havoc_je

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2017, 12:50:04 pm »

How come players never shoot medics? The last 3 games/replays I've watched, players never target the medics down.
The trap

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 02:36:54 pm »

How come players never shoot medics? The last 3 games/replays I've watched, players never target the medics down.

Kinda misrepresenting the issue, If you have 3 med tents on the map with sprint medics and only one is at the front line if im not wrong the medics from the other two will go to the one at the front line, I usually shoot medics when i can but the problem is when you kill the first two, then the other two comes 5-10 seconds later you kill them, then the last pair comes 5-10 seconds later, staying in position for that long to kill medics isnt good simply because you can get mortared, tanked, outmaneuvered etc so it can put you in a position where instead of denying the enemy WW you give him more casualties to pick up and end up loosing the units shooting the medics.

I convinced Snarks i was a moderator once, Managed to ban robieman for five minutes.
Join the AFA initiative (Ashfall for allies) Today!
Good goy trapmaker.
Resident alt right representative.
Member of the triple K mafia
The trap

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2017, 07:14:45 pm »

https://youtu.be/Kbryz0mxuMY?t=3m13s

Me every time i play against infantry doctrine.

I convinced Snarks i was a moderator once, Managed to ban robieman for five minutes.
Good goy trapmaker.
sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2017, 01:04:50 am »

Kinda misrepresenting the issue, If you have 3 med tents on the map with sprint medics and only one is at the front line if im not wrong the medics from the other two will go to the one at the front line, I usually shoot medics when i can but the problem is when you kill the first two, then the other two comes 5-10 seconds later you kill them, then the last pair comes 5-10 seconds later, staying in position for that long to kill medics isnt good simply because you can get mortared, tanked, outmaneuvered etc so it can put you in a position where instead of denying the enemy WW you give him more casualties to pick up and end up loosing the units shooting the medics.

This isn't about nullifying the medic tents, its about temporarily delaying a WW squad appearing while assaulting an allied sim city. For example if a tent is 1-2 away from getting a new WW squad, it makes sense to delay it while getting shreks of whatever to deal with the tent.
Saavedra
epic lolcat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2017, 11:23:44 am »

I think 45mu for a tent is nowhere near expensive enough if we are going to take for granted that shooting medics is a necessary and common sense tactic, as opposed to something optional compared to maneuvering and fighting active enemy units.

Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Development

Steam Name: w952

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2017, 11:56:03 am »

The problem is the power of medic tents seems to be exponential - 3 medic tents might warrant more that 135mu, but a single one is surely not worth more than 45. A lowering of the building hitpoint buff is on the cards though so that should go some way towards addressing the issue.

The trap

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2017, 02:16:41 pm »

This isn't about nullifying the medic tents, its about temporarily delaying a WW squad appearing while assaulting an allied sim city. For example if a tent is 1-2 away from getting a new WW squad, it makes sense to delay it while getting shreks of whatever to deal with the tent.

*Leans over* Wrong.

Good goy trapmaker.
sdauz
OMG Shoutcaster

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2017, 03:01:34 am »

Ur face is wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] Print