+  Operation Market Garden
|-+  News and Info
| |-+  News
| | |-+  OMG 2v2 Tournament 2016: After-Action Report and Reward Unit Claiming!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OMG 2v2 Tournament 2016: After-Action Report and Reward Unit Claiming!  (Read 551 times)
Tommy952
Rules & Regulations Member
Development

Steam Name: w952

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:37:09 pm »

On Saturday 3rd, 16 players showed up to test their mettle on the brutal fields of France. Many of the players were kind enough to stream their games, and there were some absolute crackers!

The first round was sudden death - a best of one. Alpha (Rocky and Purlictor, veteran vCoH players and now experienced OMG players in their own right) took on EiR vets böhmischer hochzeitskuchen (ick312 and fabulousrug). The EiR gents opened strong, winning the initial engagements, but eventually succumbing to the war of attrition. Elsewhere myself and DevM (on his first ever outing in OMG) took an early and unceremonious departure, beaten soundly by Trapmaker and LTUnderpants. All other top seeded teams took their games with relative ease.

Going into the second round, and the matchups were looking very interesting. Veterans Holoween and Stormtrout, #1 seeds in this tournament, prepared to take on Rocky and Purlictor. Axis took the win in the first two games, and with faction choice falling to Alpha for the third and final match, the first seeds were looking precarious. Over the course of nearly an hour, the two teams threw troops at each other, but Top 2 EU's hardcore Allied turtling strategy proved effective, and they took their hard-won spot in the finals.

Pacific (Robieman and Dr Nick) took their places against the Triple K Mafia on Road to Carentan, a lesser seen map these days. The Mafia put up a solid fight with aggressive openings, but Pacific's superior teamwork and well-meshed companies proved overwhelming, and in two short games they took their place in the final.

Sadly, with no sign of Nick on the Sunday, I am unable to describe the results of the finals, or do a live shoutcast. This does mean that Pacific are DQ'd due to no-show and Top 2 EU are crowned the victors. Hopefully the two teams can find some time later in the week to battle it out unofficially!

Reward Units

Participants, you will all receive reward units. Please post which unit you would like below to claim!

Robieman, Holoween and Stormtrout, you guys are eligible for 2 reward units each as you all made it into the finals.

Finally, thanks all for showing up (89% turnout - the best I've ever had for a tournament!) and hopefully there will be more tournaments in the future!

Please leave your comments below if you have any ideas or suggestions for future tournaments.

fabulous rug

Steam Name: fabulous rug

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:27 pm »

can i have a list of reward units please
Stormtrout
Development

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 02:18:08 pm »

http://www.omgmod.org/index.php?topic=12423.0

This thread has them all.
fabulous rug

Steam Name: fabulous rug

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 02:29:11 pm »

most of these are shit imo but i will take allied officer ok thanks
12ocky

Steam Name: 12ocky

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:49:22 pm »

euhm I'll take the Flametruppen PYRO PYRO
Purlictor

Steam Name: havoc_je

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 11:09:51 am »

Can I have the Jackson for my armor co? :)
RawkfistOMG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 09:12:56 pm »

I will take the recon stuart for my royal artillery company.
robieman9
Development

XBox Live Account: robieman9
Steam Name: robieman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 06:34:35 am »

We will be doing the tournament reward units for the next war. At  the start of the war there will be a reward units thread and you can ask for your units there.

Bring down sniper munitions! #BDSM
Pages: [1] Print